2020 Spring Baseball League
> Due to Coronavirus and City Mandate to Cancel All Activities at Their Facilities, the Spring League Has Been Cancelled. <
All Teams in League Have Received Refund for Games Not Played.
10 Games – rotating Double Headers
$375 if register BEFORE Feb 26
League Price increases to $500 for registrations received Feb 28
Last day to Register is Feb 28
11u and 12u Play Tuesdays beginning March 10th
9u and 10u Play Thursdays beginning March 12th
*Only 4 teams per Age Division or 20 Teams Max
- All games are at Softball 4-plex at the Joplin Athletic Complex 3301 W 1st St, Joplin, MO 64801 (behind Schifferdecker Golf Course)
- USSSA game rules will be used. This is not a USSSA sanctioned league and points will not be awarded.
- First game of the night will start at 5:45pm.
- Games are 6 innings or 1:25. This is drop-dead time meaning game will end at 1:25 (even in middle of at bat). The umpire will keep official time. Mercy Run Rule = 15 runs behind after 3 innings or 8 runs behind after 4 innings. Maximum time of 1.45 is allowed between innings for warm-up. Hustle!
- Every team is required to shag foul balls on their side of the field. On-deck or 3-hole hitters should shag passed balls & foul balls to the backstops to help catchers & umpires. Coaches should warm up pitchers between innings if catcher is not ready.
- 9u-10u: Base Paths 65′ Pitching Distance 46′. 11u-12u: Base Paths 70′ Pitching Distance 50′.
- There will be no pre-game infield practice.
- Each team must provide 2 new or like new game balls each week. These game balls must be official league leather baseballs. NO Synthetic! No Plastic!
- Volunteers will be needed to operate scoreboard during your game.
- PlayMakers will provide 2 umpires per game.
- There will be a $3 gate fee per game for all non-players ages 14 and older. Non-players ages 13 and under are free. 3 coaches per team will be allowed free entry. These coaches are pre-determined by the head coach and must sign-in before each game. Coach free entry is valid for your game day only.
- No awards or trophies will be given to players or teams for winning league.
- No Dogs or Animals are allowed at PlayMakers Spring Baseball League.
- All participants and fans are expected to pick up their own trash. Plenty of trash cans are available. Do your part to keep the complex nice.
- Baseball is opportunity for growth and adaptation. It is NOT an opportunity to be frivolous and disrespect the game. All participants and fans are expected to show respect to each other, umpires and the game itself.
- We do not check Birth Certificates. It is assumed all coaches, parents and players have integrity and are honest. If you cheat, you are only cheating the players. Any team with players in an ineligible age division will be dropped from the league without refund.
- Teams are not registered for league until full payment is received. Registered Teams are expected to participate in the league. If a team drops out of the league after registration, no refund will be given.
- Season Schedule will be posted and emailed to coaches 2 days after registration is closed. After the Full Season Schedule is posted, if your team needs a game changed for any reason, a Game Change Fee of $25 must be paid before any game changes are made.
- If a team does not show for a scheduled game, that team will forfeit the game and be liable for a $50 Forfeit Fee.
- PlayMakers reserves the right to refuse any team registration.