League will begin Sunday, August 23, 2020. Youth League includes 10 games of Rotating Double Headers. All Youth games will be played at Joplin Athletic Complex. Team Price is $400 if registered and paid before August 5, 2020. Team Price is $500 if registered and paid between August 5, 2020 – August 12, 2020. Last day to register is August 12, 2020. There is a limited number of teams per age division so do not wait to register! Registration and Payment Link at the bottom of this page.
Youth League will consist of the following five age divisions: 8uCP 9u 10u 11u/12u 13u/14u
ABSOLUTELY NO TOBACCO, SUNFLOWER SEEDS OR SHELLED NUTS ARE ALLOWED AT THE YOUTH COMPLEX. THIS APPLIES TO ALL FANS, COACHES, PLAYERS AND UMPIRES. ANY PERSON OR TEAM WHO IS CAUGHT WITH TOBACCO, SEEDS OR NUTS WILL BE FINED $500 PER OCCURRENCE.
Each team must participate in 2021 Age Division. Age division is determined by player age on May 1, 2021. Fall Baseball is designed to help Player adapt to division he will play the next Spring. What age is the player on May 1, 2021 ? Use that age and the following guideline to ensure your team is registered in the correct age division. Any team with players too young or too old for age division will be dropped from the league without refund.
8uCP- All Players that will be ages 6, 7 or 8 on May 1, 2021
9u – All Players that will be ages 8 or 9 on May 1, 2021
10u – All Players that will be ages 9 or 10 on May 1, 2021
12u – All Players that will be ages 11 or 12 on May 1, 2021
14u – All Players that will be ages 13 or 14 on May 1, 2021 and NOT in 9th grade during 2020/21 school year
HSJV – All Players in grades 9 or 10 during 2020/21 school year
HSV – All Players in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 during 2020/21 school year
Joplin Athletic Complex is behind Schifferdecker Golf Course 3301 W 1st St, Joplin, MO 64801. Games are on Sundays starting 8/23. No games will be played Labor Day weekend. Must have at least 3 teams in age division for division to make. If an age division does not make, the number of teams accepted in other age divisions, may be increased. USSSA game rules will be used (any exceptions noted per age division below). This is not a USSSA sanctioned league and points will not be awarded.
Please read all additional details to the bottom of this page.
- 8u Coach Pitch (8uCP): Games are 6 innings or 1:15. Base Paths 60′ Pitching Distance between 30′- 42′. A team may score a maximum of six (6) runs per inning, including the last inning or record three (3) outs. Mercy Run Rule = 15 runs behind after 3 innings or 8 runs behind after 4 innings.
- 9u: Games are 6 innings or 1:30. Base Paths 65′ Pitching Distance 46′. A team may score a maximum of six (6) runs per inning, including the last inning or record three (3) outs. Batters may NOT advance to first base on a dropped 3rd strike. Runners may lead off and steal. Mercy Run Rule = 15 runs behind after 3 innings or 8 runs behind after 4 innings.
- 10u: Games are 6 innings or 1:30. Base Paths 65′ Pitching Distance 46′. Mercy Run Rule = 15 runs behind after 3 innings or 8 runs behind after 4 innings.
- 11u/12u: Games are 6 innings or 1:30. Base Paths 70′ Pitching Distance 50′. Mercy Run Rule = 15 runs behind after 3 innings or 8 runs behind after 4 innings.
- 13u/14u: Games are 7 innings or 1:45. Base Paths 80′ Pitching Distance 54′. Mercy Run Rule = 15 runs behind after 3 innings, 12 runs behind after 4 innings or 8 runs behind after 5 innings. Players may wear metal cleats.
- Teams are not registered for league until full payment is received. Teams will NOT be added to schedule until full payment is received. Registered Teams are expected to participate in the league. If a team drops out of the league after registration, no refund will be given.
- If your team has a Schedule Request (Ex: specific week game time or bye, etc.), you must email firstname.lastname@example.org before August 13, 2020. We will do our best to accommodate requests. However, there are no guarantees all requests will be granted.
- Every team WILL have morning games. The first game of the day will start at 9:00am.
- Full Season Schedule will be posted and emailed to coaches on August 18, 2020.
After the Full Season Schedule is posted, if your team needs a game changed for any reason, a Game Change Fee of $25 must be paid before any game changes are made.
- If a team does not show for a scheduled game, that team will forfeit the game and be liable for a $50 Forfeit Fee.
- We do not check Birth Certificates. It is assumed all coaches, parents and players have integrity and are honest. If you cheat, you are only cheating the players. Any team with players in an ineligible age division will be dropped from the league without refund.
- A player may only be listed on one team roster. A team cannot play any player who is not listed on their team roster. If a team does play a player who is not listed on their roster, it will result in a forfeit of that game. If a player is listed on multiple team rosters, that player must choose one team.
- Each coach must email their player roster and the names of three coaches (Head Coach + 2 Asst Coaches) to email@example.com before August 13, 2020.
- PlayMakers does NOT accept individual player registrations. If you are a player needing a team, or a coach needing players you may review posts and add your own post, on our website under Player/Team Connection
- Every team in PlayMakers Fall League may use Old Redden (11th & Maiden Lane) and Bassman (Landreth Park) practice fields for free. To use fields, team must reserve a time by calling Joplin Athletic Complex at 417-625-4750.
- PlayMakers will provide 2 umpires per game. (8uCP will have 1 umpire per game.)
- Each team must provide 2 new or gently used game balls each week. These game balls must be official league leather baseballs. NO Synthetic! No Plastic!
- There will be no pre-game infield practice.
- Maximum time of 1.45 is allowed between innings for warm-up. Hustle!
- Every team is required to shag foul balls on their side of the field. On deck hitters should shag passed balls & foul balls to the backstops to help catchers & umpires. Coaches need to warm up pitchers between innings if catcher is not ready.
- There will be a $3 gate fee per game for all non-players ages 14 and older. Non-players ages 13 and under are free. (3 coaches per team will be allowed free entry. These coaches are pre-determined by the head coach and must sign-in before each game. Coach free entry is valid for your game day only.)
- No Dogs are allowed at PlayMakers Baseball Leagues.
- Volunteers will be needed to operate scoreboard during your game.
- Teams are responsible for obtaining their own uniforms and equipment. (Only shirts need to match, players may have different color pants & hats.)
- No awards or trophies will be given to players or teams for winning league.
- All participants and fans are expected to pick up their own trash. Plenty of trash cans are available. Do your part to keep the complex nice.
- Fall Baseball is opportunity for growth and adaptation. It is NOT an opportunity to be frivolous and disrespect the game. All participants and fans are expected to show respect to each other, umpires and the game itself.
- Additional Pandemic Facility Rules will be added as required.
- PlayMakers reserves the right to refuse any team registration.